INTRODUCING BIGDAWGS NFC TECHNOLOGY
NFC (or Near Field Communication) is a new mobile marketing tool. Unlike using QR codes, the user does not need to download or even load an app to read. Just tap the NFC with an NFC-enabled mobile phone and the content loads up automatically. Here's a quick demo on how the NFC phone tapping works. bigDAWGS NFC chips work on Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry phones with NFC. The yet to be released iPhone 5s is said to also support NFC. Are you ready for bigDAWGS NFC?
THE DIFFERENT NFC FUNCTIONS
We've placed a whole bunch of NFC tags inside this printed card--each performing a different function. If you tap an NFC-enabled phone on the MAP icon, it loads the map app showing the user how to get to your location. If you click on the navigation icon, the navigation app loads up with turn-by-turn directions.
Other functions are:
- Tap to CALL - loads a specified phone number and dials it automatically.
- Tap to TEXT MESSAGE - loads the text message app with a specified phone number.
- Tap to E-MAIL - loads up the email app with a specified mail to email address.
Example URL functions:
- APP DOWNLOAD - loads the mobile marketplace allowing you to download a specified app instantly.
- ONLINE VIDEO - loads up an online video.
- FACEBOOK - can load up a facebook page, allowing the user to "LIKE" your Facebook page.
- MOBILE SITE - can load up a mobile optimized website, contact/e-mail signup/quotation form.
NFC NEWSPAPER AD - WILL NFC REPLACE QR CODES?
With the emergence of NFC enabled phones, QR codes are becoming a thing of the past. We found this ad in a local paper. When we turn to it, we can see that it uses a QR code. But scanning a QR code can be a tedious task. First we have to open up a QR code app, then we have to use the phone's camera to scan the QR code, and then we can click through to the linked content.
NFC (or Near Field Communication) makes it so much simpler. In this example we placed an NFC sticker onto the ad. You'll notice that you don't need to load any app to scan the NFC tag. Just tap the phone, and instantly the content pops up.
So will NFC replace QR codes? You bet!
NFC USED IN DVD OR CD PACKAGING
Here's an idea... how about using NFC on DVD or CD packaging. Just tap an NFC-enabled phone on the NFC tag a movie trailer video loads up instantly on your phone.
NFC USED IN DIRECT MAIL MARKETING
Here's a direct mailer from a Las Vegas Casino. As an example, we added an NFC tag to it. Just tap the tag with your phone and the content loads up. In this case a video loads showcasing a new game.
TRACK YOUR CAMPAIGNS WITH ANALYTICS: